Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend trips


What a beautiful past couple of weeks! I don’t have time for a long post but I’ll post lots of pictures. The past two weekends have been full of sightseeing and meeting new people!  Last weekend I went to a Rotary orientation in Brisighella along with 108 other exchange students, where we got to know each other and attended orientation sessions. This past weekend Ellen, Brock and I (the Rotary students here in Vicenza) joined a group of Rotarians from Tuscany on a tour of Vicenza and the surrounding area. We toured lots of beautiful villas that are very historically significant- for example, we saw the room where Hitler and Mussolini met for the first time, and a bedroom where Napoleon slept when he visited Italy.  Standing in the rooms, it was strange to think that Hitler and Mussolini had been in the exact same place years ago…   It never ceases to amaze me how old Italy is! I love it! Being in Italy makes me want to be a photographer because I want to capture the beauty of it all. The only downside to the tour was that it was raining almost the whole time so we were pretty wet by the end of it. However, we got to eat at some amazing restaurants (in the past month I have eaten the best food I’ve ever tasted in my whole life- pasta, zucchini, cheese, potatoes, all kinds of roasted meat, tomatoes, tiramisu, and so much more)! Adesso devo andare, ma ecco le foto J Ciao a presto.
All the exchange students in my district! 

In front of the beautiful view on the hillside of Brisighella

Stone statues


Red-head exchange student buddies :) 

The ancient "teatro olimpico" in Vicenza!

A beautiful church in Monte Berico (near Vicenza)

Napoleon slept in this bed. No big deal

A ballroom in one of the villas- beautiful detail

A little snail I found on a leaf :)

One of the rooms in the villas

Rainy day

Brock, Ellen and I at one of the estate gardens 

No comments:

Post a Comment